Tokyo Photo Tour
Tokyo Photo Tour – Full day (duration 8 hours, private tour)
- Enjoy all that Tokyo has to offer through the lens of your camera, with help from Jon Sheer, a specialist photographer of travel and architecture. Make an early start to enjoy Tokyo to its fullest and travel by subway to the Tokyo International Forum, a stunning architectural masterpiece of glass and steel truss designed by Uruguayan architect Rafael Viñoly. The exterior shape of the building resembles an elongated boat. Next, hop on the subway again and continue on to Shiba-koen Park to explore the grounds of the massive Zojoji Temple, the main temple of the Jodo (Pure Land) sect of Buddhism. Built on its current site in 1598, the temple features a large golden Buddha statue and large ceremonial taiko drums, and houses the Tokugawa clan mausoleum.
- Afterwards make a 20 minute walk to the Hamarikyu Garden, probably Tokyo’s best garden, located adjacent to Tokyo Bay. The garden features a variety of native flora and fauna, all set against the fascinating architectural backdrop of the Shiodome office complex skyline. You will then have a chance to view Tokyo from a different angle as you take a boat cruise along the Sumida River. End stop of the boat will be Asakusa, part of Tokyo’s Shitamachi, or old town. Asakusa is home to Sensoji Temple, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple, and is also the city’s oldest Geisha district. After taking in the traditional sites, take a short subway ride to Ame-yokocho, a bustling outdoor market located in Ueno. The market provides ample opportunities for interesting street photography with the variety of shoppers and street stalls selling everything from clothing to raw fish and vegetables. Once through the market, hop on the train to Shinjuku, the sprawling neon-lit, fast-paced business, shopping and entertainment area of Tokyo and home to the world’s busiest train station with over 2 million passengers daily. Walk about 10 minutes to the skyscraper district and see such architectural gems as the Mode Gakuen Art College building which resembles a cocoon and go up to the 45th-floor observatory in the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building to photograph a drop-dead sunset over the Tokyo mega-metropolis.
- To wrap up the tour, travel to the Kabukicho entertainment district of Shinjuku for dinner and explore the alleys of Goldengai, a collection of tiny (sometimes two or three seats only) bars and restaurants that harken back to the pre-war era. After a few drinks and photos of the unique mood and atmosphere, return to hotel by taxi.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 772 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250