You are here Home » Trips a-la-carte » Trips » Berlin - A Weekend Getaway
Berlin - A Weekend Getaway
3 Days 2 Nights
From 265 € Book this trip
Friday; Berlin, Germany
Saturday; Berlin, Germany
Sunday; Berlin, Germany
In the Evening - Berlin at Night with the visit to Berlin Tower (not guided)
- You will receive A Late Night Ticket for access to the Berlin Tower after 9pm. Take in spectacular views from the observation deck at a height of 203 meters and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine at Berlins highest bar, the “Panorama bar” 203. The TV Tower is one of the most popular attractions in Berlin. Because it has limited space, there are often prohibitively long queues to buy tickets. Berlin @ Night Sparkle ticket grants you the access to the TV Tower without having to queue at the ticket office and a glass of sparkling wine to enjoy while you admire the city at nighttime! The TV Tower welcomes over 1.2 million visitors every year and is located at the very heart of the capital on the Alexanderplatz. At 368 meters, it’s the highest building in Germany and the second highest building open to the public in Europe. The TV Tower is generally open daily from 9am to midnight.
- A Late Night Ticket grants access to the Tower after 9pm. The ticket is not valid for earlier entry. Unfortunately there’s no access for wheelchairs and pushchairs. For security reasons, in the case of an emergency, visitors must be able to take the stairs down the tower instead of the lifts. For security reasons certain items cannot be taken to the tower such as foods, bottles, cans or other liquids. Access to the TV Tower is also prohibited with prams, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, large pieces of luggage, suitcases, trolleys, weapons or dangerous substances (e.g. gas pressure vessels, glass bottles, fireworks, etc.). Animals are not allowed access to the TV Tower. You must carry your admission ticket with you at all times. The ticket should also be shown upon leaving the tower so ensure you do not lose it.
Berlin City Tour (Join-in)
- On this Berlin tour you will explore the fascinating side to Berlin’s history that has shaped the city into what it is today and discover dozens of hidden spots in Berlin that only locals know about. After meeting your local tour guide and group, you’ll walk to the ‘Palace of Tears’ and learn about the amazing story behind its name. You’ll follow the fading traces of the Cold War in Berlin to a spot where East and West were divided for decades, as well as pass emotional sites where Jewish children were either rescued or sent to concentration camps. The next part of your Berlin tour will take you through the city’s university quarter. Take a look behind the dazzling facade of Humboldt University's palace-like main building, see the spot where the notorious book burning of 1933 took place, and learn more about what it’s like to be a student in Berlin today.
- After that, you’ll take a stop off at Museum Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site with numerous world-class museums, where you’ll hear stories and legends from your local guide about the queens of the island. You’ll continue on with this Berlin walking tour towards the Jewish Quarter, where you’ll be able to admire the New Synagogue, a stunning building perfect for taking those iconic Berlin photos! Here you’ll learn more about Berlin’s Jewish heritage and discover fascinating tales about the dark history of the Jewish population in Berlin from 1933-1945. You’ll listen to stories about the famous Jewish philosopher Moses Mendelssohn, the brave staff of a hospital who rescued Jewish people from the National Socialists, and the almost forgotten legend of Martin Luther King’s surprise visit to East Berlin in 1964. These are the stories that only the locals know! The next stop on your Berlin city tour will take you to one of the oldest bakeries in Berlin and the best place in town to sample a ‘Berliner’, a traditional German delicacy.
- While you chow down on this delicious treat, you’ll hear all about this family-run bakery, which has stood strong through all the changes Berlin has been part of for the last 80 years. Next, you’ll follow your local guide through the hidden backstreets of Berlin and get a glimpse into the backyards of Old Berlin’s traditional tenement houses, where thousands of workers once lived under extremely trying conditions. You’ll finish the tour at the infamous Berlin Wall, and take a peek behind the concrete and barbed wire to a spot that’s been hidden for the last 28 years. The tour starts at 10am. Hotel pick-up is provided from the centrally located hotels ONLY. The duration of the tour is approx. 4 hrs. The tour ends Berlin Wall Memorial at Bernauerstrasse.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 265 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250