You are here Home » Trips a-la-carte » Trips » Explore Berlin & Potsdam
Explore Berlin & Potsdam
4 Days 3 Nights
From 0 € Book this trip
Walking Tour of Berlin (Join-in)
- This informative tour covers ALL the main sights worth seeing over 3½ – 4 hours: the Berlin Wall, site of Hitler's Bunker, Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and LOTS more! Local tour guides’ superb story-telling skills weave the themes of Prussian, Imperial, Nazi, Cold War, and 21st Century Berlin into a detailed narrative, stretching from Berlin’s swampy origins in medieval times to recent controversies about the design of the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
- On the way, you will not only meet characters who have left their imprint on the city: Albert Einstein, Marlene Dietrich, and JFK, and stand above where Hitler took his life in April 1945, but also learn how and why the Berlin Wall was constructed in 1961 and see where daring escapes across it took place before its fall as a result of the peaceful revolution of 1989! During this tour you will see the following sights: Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, The “Deathstrip”, (stand above) Hitler’s Bunker, Site of Goebbels’ Bunker, Checkpoint Charlie, Reichstag building, Nazi Air Ministry, (walk through) the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, Unter den Linden, Pariser Platz and the American Embassy, Museum Island, Pergamon Museum, Pleasure Garden (Lustgarten), Bebelplatz, scene of Nazi bookburning, Potsdamer Platz (contemporary architectural marvels), Site of SS and Gestapo HQs (Topography of Terror), “Ghost Station”, Palace Square (Schlossplatz), New Synagogue, Red Town Hall, Nikolaikirche (Berlin’s oldest church), Royal Armoury (Zeughaus, German History Museum), Russian Embassy, War Memorial (Neue Wache), TV Tower, Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom), Catholic Cathedral (St. Hedwig’s), Friedrichstrasse (shopping mile), Humboldt University, State Opera House, Gendarmenmarkt, Tiergarten (Berlin’s central park) The tour starts at 10am from Meeting Point West the front end of the taxi rank, Zoo Station (Bhf. Zoologischer Garten) or at 10:30am from Meeting Point East, outside Restaurant Weihenstephaner (opposite Hackescher Markt S-Bahn Station).
- The duration of the tour is approx. 4 hrs. The tour ends at Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin. Please note, that this tour will make use of Public Transportation the costs of which are not inclusive and will be payable locally. You can buy a ticket from the guide at €2.70pp (subject to public transport prices which may vary) or if you already have a single journey AB public transport ticket you may use it on this tour.
Potsdam Tour incl. entrance fees to Sanssouci Palace (Join-in)
- This tour will take you from Berlin to a guided historic excursion by coach to the former residence of the Prussian rulers. During the tour you will visit the Sanssouci Palace, the summer palace of Frederick the Great and his most popular refuge in difficult times. The tour starts at 10am from Kurfürstendamm 216, corner of Fasanenstrabe. The duration of the tour is approx. 4 hrs. The tour ends at the original departure point.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 0 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250