You are here Home » Trips a-la-carte » Trips » Walking the History Book of Hong Kong
Walking the History Book of Hong Kong
3 Days 2 Nights
From 244 € Book this trip
Walking the history book of Hong Kong (duration 3 hours)
- One time British outpost and now a proud member of People`s Republic of China, Hong Kong has had a long and fascinating history. The history of the last century for both Hong Kong and China is mapped out in its streets for those who know where to look. Experience how a fusion of extremely different cultures has shaped Hong Kong today from its architecture and art right through to its mind set of the people who call it home. You’re sure to leave this tour with an insight and understanding that enhances the rest of your stay. For this adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Kick off the tour from Sheung Wan where at Possession Point the British first took Hong Kong. Witness the extreme urbanisation of Hong Kong as you stand on this site that was once part of the shoreline, but is now very-much inland. We then walk the Sun Yat-Sen historical trail and see where the founding father of republican China went to school, had his medical training, established the Revive China Society and plotted the revolution against the monarchy. We then head towards the Victoria City (as Hong Kong was then called)’s old administration centre, including the Central police station, the Magistracy and the Victorian Prison Compound. Afterwards, we go see the Fringe Club, housed in the colonial Dairy Farm Building, and famous for its alternative performances and displays by up-and-coming artists. Stroll down the Duddell Street Steps, passing Gas Lamps as you head over to some of Central’s landmarks, including the Legislative Council building, the Cenotaph, Statue Square and the Court of Final Appeal Building. Stop to admire the Anglican Church St. John’s Cathedral, the oldest Anglican church in the Far East and the only freehold building in the city. Stroll to nearby Hong Kong Park to see the beautiful Flagstaff House, the onetime residence of the Commander of the British Forces in Hong Kong, and now home to an impressive display of antique tea ware.
- Next it’s onto the new Government Headquarters Complex where the ministers, the legislators and the civil servants overlook the city’s famed Victoria Harbour. We also see the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre which is famous as the place where the 1997 Hong Kong sovereignty handover ceremony took place. This popular spot is an ideal place to end this walking tour in Hong Kong, so choose to further explore the busy waterfront or to head back into the centre of the city.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 244 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250