A Taste of Tokyo
A Taste of Tokyo – Full day (duration 8 hours, private tour)
- An early start today as you head with a local guide to Tsukiji Fish Market. Best known as one of the world`s largest fish markets, Tsukiji handles over 2,000 tons of marine products per day. After exploring the outer market, you can ‘sample the wares’ at your included sushi breakfast in one of the market’s sushi bars. After breakfast, we stroll through nearby Hama-Rikyu Teien, a former private garden of an Edo Period lord. Break up your walk with a stop in a tea house on a small island on the park’s lake, where you will have the opportunity to witness a short tea ceremony. Your macha (green tea) is accompanied by a Japanese sweet. You will then have a chance to view Tokyo from a different angle as you take a boat cruise along the Sumida River.
- Next stop will be Asakusa, part of Tokyo’s Shitamachi, or old town. Asakusa is home to Sensoji Temple, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple, and is also the city’s oldest Geisha district. The streets around Sensoji have many traditional shops selling Japanese crafts and souvenirs and are a delight to wander through. Asakusa old town is famous for Tempura, so you will stop at one of the area’s local restaurants for a set course lunch. From Asakusa, it is a short walk to Kappabashi, otherwise known as ‘Kitchenware Town’, which is lined with dozens of stores selling everything needed by restaurant operators. You will find specialized stores for dishes, pots, pans, cooking utensils, stoves, tables, chairs, signs, lanterns and more. This is also the place where you will find for sale the plastic food models you can see in restaurants.
- Last stop for the day is Ueno’s Ameyoko-cho, a busy market street underneath the train lines. Originally the site of a black market after World War Two, this bustling market is filled with shops and stalls selling various products such as fresh fish, dried food and spices, and is a great place to try some local snacks. (B,L)
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 772 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250